thirty days of faces, day six
thirty days of faces, day five
i don’t know how it got to looking like a chimp
Thirty days of faces, day four
So, apparently I like to draw comic book/cartoonish faces.
I guess it’s because they tend to be more creepy or outlandish, and realistic things are boring.
OKAY FOLKS HERE’S HOW IT IS.
I’m moving in the middle of august, and as I try to sort out my stuff I have come to the realization that I kind of have a lot of fucking yarn. I have more yarn than I will ever knit anything with. I need to get rid of it but I can’t bear to just throw it out - it has to go to loving homes! So here’s the deal: reblog this post before July 24th and YOU CAN WIN YOURSELF SOME YARN! There’s everything from koigu to kroy socks!
- Only reblog once, please - it only shows up once in the list of notes and that’s what I’ll be picking the winners from.
- I’ll ship to anywhere in North America
- Please don’t request a particular hank or skein. Random winners get random yarn.
- There will be at least ten winners, probably more as I continue to find yarn secreted in random corners of my place.
- Matching hanks will go to the same person.
- Some of the hanks and balls are no longer very hanky or ball-ish because they’ve been in a hamper in my closet for a long time.
- CAVEAT VICTOR: a lot of this shit has no lables! I don’t know what it’s made of or how to wash it!
The Other Cthulhu I knit for Neil Gaiman, and Neil Gaiman signing my books. I accidentally blinded him with my banned flash trying to take a picture, and he scolded me for it in that “We’ve told you six times, no flash photos” kind of way. My phone actually allowed me to record his whole hour-plus talk. He read two bits, one from The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and another from something that will be published later this year. It was amazing, because he’s hilarious and an actual nice person. One of his assistants said my Cthulhu will get a nice place in their office on a shelf with the other Cthulhus.
I got scolded by Neil Gaiman!!!
Oh my goodness, that is amazing and adorable! It’s interesting how we all conceptualise things differently.
I would love to see a picture of your knithulhu!
This is the first one I did, and I have two more in progress right now. http://tessellatedcherries.tumblr.com/post/23761957555/this-is-a-snarkie-i-knitted-him-based-off-of-the